Here in the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church we have adopted (in a slightly modified form) the Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations as featured in Bishop Robert Schnase’s book. With some other ideas (“Key Drivers”) added, we’re trying to shape our mission toward more evangelism, discipleship and healthy churches. I’ve preached on several of these over the past couple of years, giving my own take on them. Here they are with links to the mp3 versions:
- Radical Hospitality
- Passionate Worship
- Intentional Faith Development (I’ve done several on this subject but don’t seem to have a recording on line. I’ll have to check on that.) Here’s one on the subject.
- Risk Taking Mission – Continued here and here. Here’s another on the Call to be a Servant.
- Extravagant Generosity. And here’s If I Were a Rich Man on the Christian approach to wealth.
- Diligent Study of Scripture
- Connectional Ministr. Here’s another, on being part of the family of God.
- Fervent Prayer. Here one specfically on How to Pray for People.